Welcome to eduOER Documentation
The eduOER Repository is a federation of metadata repositories.The content described by those metadata should:
- Have Educational nature.
- Be of Higher Educational level.
- Be of Multimedia type.
Who should use this documentation
The eduOER documentation is intended to be used by potential or already participating metadata providers who wish to participate with their metadata to the eduOER Federated repository.
More specifically it communicates the following:
- The eduOER metadata aggregation workflow. In this way a more abstract view of the whole process and its various functionality is offered.
- The eduOER search API. With this, everyone wishing to search intelligently to the eduOER Repository will have an easy to understand kick-start.
- eduOER OAI-PMH target specific instructions.With this, potential new federations and/or data providers will be well informed on how to utilize the specific target that offers advanced harvesting options.
- eduOER Application Profile. eduOER Application Profile and all its elements(optional,recommended and mandatory).In this way a metadata provider will be well informed and ready to implement any necessary mappings between his locally used schema and the eduOER's one.
- Instructions. At this section the potential steps, in order a data provider to participate in the eduOER, are defined.
- Possible Issues. At this section various points of failure regarding the whole metadata ingestion process are introduced.